Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wow, I haven't updated this blog since January!! Yikes...well SO much has happened since then. I will just give you the highlights and try to blog at LEAST once a month from now on :)

*Mom and Dad moved back to Waco and I think they are really liking it there! I love their new house, its just cozy and feels like home. Of course, anywhere my family is, it has always felt like home :)

*It snowed a LOT this year!! Here are a few pictures:






Spring Break 2010
Galveston, Texas
During Spring break I took a week off work (luckily I had a weeks worth of vacation time so I still got paid my 40 hours) and went down to Galveston to help in the clean up efforts after Hurricane Ike. We helped out so many people and there were many who became believers in Jesus Christ during this wonderful week. I made a ton of new friends and I am so glad I went!

Brittany, Shilla, Me and Emily at the beach :)

Shilla, Brittany, Emily, Me and Heather at Sonic in Galveston :)
Brittany, Katie, Meredith, Katia, Me, Emily, and Shilla at the beach :)

I went to a Toby Mac and Skillet concert with some amazing ladies! :)




Heres a picture of Jessica, Emily and me!

We had a blast!

I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends.





*Heather and Aaron got married March 19th of this year. She went to see him in New York for Spring Break and well...decided not to come back and that they were just going to get married up there. I missed being at her wedding but she seems to be really happy!
Here is a picture from their wedding day. Right now Aaron is delpoyed in Afghanastan for about a year...Heather is living in Waco with my parents and will be moving into her own apartment this upcoming weekend. Keep them in your prayers.
We are planning a wedding shower for Heather in June, to help get her some things to furnish her new apartment. I am in charge of making the invitations and so far they are super cute! I will post a picture of them when they're completed!

*My great-grandma Jaure celebrated her 95th birthday this year! She is an amazing woman of God! I can't believe how well she is doing for 95!! She loves to take care of her garden and all of her children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. She is the biggest prayer warrior I have ever known and I love her so much! ...oh and she makes the best tamales in the world! :)














We also had a Black and White dinner party again this year! It was so fun! We had a catered dinner and then some swing dancing!




*I finished another semester at TJC!! I took 9 hours this time and when you're taking that many and working full time...whew! Let me tell ya, its HARD! But oh so worth it! I did really well and I'm enrolled in two summer classes to try and get ahead a little bit and then I will hit it hard again in the fall with 9 hours again. This time it shouldn't be as difficult because it won't be two Accounting courses at a time. I'm enjoying school, but it sure does take up a lot of my time...
*Looks like I should have two little sisters soon! One is 5 and the other is 7 years old. Mom and Dad completed the last step in the adoption process before they meet the girls in a few weeks! I am going to help them decorate the bedrooms and get the house ready for our little blessings! I am soo excited, I can't wait! :) I will post pictures of their rooms and of the girls as soon as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment